Over at my house we just love Quinoa (specifically Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Grain Quinoa). It’s quick and easy to make, and it’s super healthy as well. Being a vegetarian it’s hard to get enough protein in my diet sometimes, but quinoa definitely makes the job a lot easier. Plus, I love the taste of it…it’s a must whether you live a vegetarian life style or not. Quinoa is the perfect substitute when it comes to making rice. I knew when I saw this recipe from Damn Delicious that I had to make it asap! This ‘Fried rice’ came together so well, it’s been added to my rotation of recipes indefinitely! This dish is perfect a meal by itself, or as a side. Tonight I will be serving it along with some Easy Baked Tofu.
Back to the ‘Fried Rice’…it’s super easy, so lets get to it!
- 1 TBS olive oil, divided
- 2 large fried eggs, chopped (pre-cook these)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 head broccoli or 10oz frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 TBS ginger, grated
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1. Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and onion and cook for a few minutes until tender.
- 2. Add mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, and zucchini. Cook for a few more minutes until veggies are tender, stirring often.
- 3. Add corn, peas, and quinoa. Cook a few more minutes, mixing to distribute heat, until everything is completely heated.
- 4. Add soy sauce and stir to combine. Then add green onions and eggs, and mix until combined.
- 5. Serve and garnish with additional green onions.
- Serves 4-6
Recipe modified from Damn Delicious.
This recipe was such a hit at my house, and I hope y’all enjoy it as well! I even thought the left over the next day tasted great!
Love Quinoa as much as me? Check out these other great quinoa recipes!
Like Chinese inspired food as much as us? Check out some of my other ‘Chinese’ recipes (click photo for recipe)
Thanks for visiting!