Waffle Iron Caramel Apple Pies are full of apples and caramel sandwiched between a flakey pie crust! Best of all, you can make this pie in 10 minutes!
It’s fall y’all!! Yay!!!! Now, of course that means nothing in Georgia, because it was still 92 degrees today, BUT, I will make all things apple and pumpkin going forward, and it will be glorious!!!! Glorious I tell you! Speaking of apples…you aren’t going to believe this recipe, because it’s INSANE!!! Literal insanity on a plate. Can you tell I am a little excited?! Waffle Iron Caramel Apple Pies are the best creation since sliced bread. With only a handful of ingredients and taking only a few minutes to make, you are going to LOVE this fall treat!
How to make Waffle Iron Caramel Apple Pies:
**scroll all the way down for a directional video and full ingredient list/directions**
- Take the pre-made pie crust, roll it out, and cut it into circles (use a small bowl or a cup), then add a little pie filling to the middle, and pinch/fork the edges closed.
- Toss this bad boy into your waffle iron and cook it for about 5 minutes.
- Now, my iron was telling me it was done, but it wasn’t, so you might have to open it a few times to check to see if it’s done, but you want to make sure the dough is cooked. This took about 5 minutes.
- Then, whip up the glaze and drizzle over the top. Drizzle the caramel on top, too! BOOM DONE!
These are the perfect cute desserts for fall. You can easily made several of these and serve them at a party or for dessert! I was able to make 2 from each sheet of pie crust (most boxes have 2 sheets, so you should be able to make 4 with one box), but it also depends on the size of the bowl you use to cut your circles.
If you like fall recipes as much as I do, you might want to check these out:
- Caramel Apple Poke Cake is packed with apples and then smothered in whipped cream and caramel. It’s the easiest most delicious fall cake!
- Apple Raisin Cinnamon Rolls are filled with tart apples and sweet raisins, combining the delicious flavors in the perfect breakfast treat.
- Caramel Apple Monkey Bread is loaded with caramel, apples, and delicious brown sugar; Serve it up for breakfast or dessert!
- Apple Grilled Cheese is perfect for fall! Smokey gouda cheese melted between tart granny smith apples is savory and delicious!
Waffle Iron Caramel Apple Pies - only 10 minutes start to finish for these amazing hand pies!
- 2 premade pie crusts should be 2 in one box, unrolled
- 1 small can apple pie filling you need about 1/2 cup total
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp milk + additional if needed
- 4 tsp caramel sauce
Heat a belgian waffle iron, set aside.
Using a small bowl (about 4 inches across the top), cut out 4 circles from each crust (8 total) Place about 2 TBS apple filling in the center of 4 circles. Place remaining dough circles over the top of the apple filling. Using your fingers, pinch the outside close, then use a fork to really secure the outside shut (you don't want a waffle iron full of apple filling!). One at a time, cook each pie in the waffle iron. Check for done-ness - the dough needs to be cooked (it took me about 5 minutes per pie). Remove from iron and repeat with remaining pies.
In a small bowl mix the powdered sugar and milk until completely combined. Add more milk if you need to thin the glaze, but careful not to add too much as you want it a little thick.
Serve each pie with glaze and caramel drizzled over the tops. Serve warm!
Makes 4 hand pies!