- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed and rolled flat
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and diced
- 1/2 cup sugar divided plus extra for topping
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 block of cream cheese softened
- 1 egg beaten
1. In a medium bowl, place your diced strawberries and 1/4 cup of the sugar, toss to coat, set aside.
2. In a small bowl add softened cream cheese (should be really soft - heat in microwave if needed), vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar; beat well with a fork or electric mixer (if the cream cheese is soft, this should be easy to do by hand.
3. Preheat oven to 350 dgrees.
4. With your dough rolled out, cut each piece into fourths (so you should have 4 rectangles from each sheet). Now you will make about 1 inch cuts along both sides of the rectangles, leaving about 2 inches in the center (to place the filling).
5. Spread about 1/2 TBS of cream cheese mixture in the center of each piece, then add about 2 TBS of strawberry mixture to the top of that. Starting at one end, wrap your cut pieces into the center, crossing as you go - this does not have to be perfect.
6. Place pastries on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush egg on the tops and sides of the pastries and give a light sprinkle of sugar over the top.
7. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, checking done-ness at 20 minutes and continuing until the tops are nicely browned.
8. Remove from oven and serve warm or after they are cooled. Enjoy!
Don't like strawberries? This recipe could be made with pretty much any other berry as well, or mixed berries - yum!
Facts from BreastCancer.org
Please visit the other bloggers who have also ‘cooked for a cure’! These recipes look amazing and delicious!
Strawberries & Cream Pastries by Domestic Superhero / Drink Pink Mocktail by Love Bakes Good Cakes / Strawberry Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by Like Mother, Like Daughter / No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake by Sugar & Soul / Cranberry Raspberry Punch by Carlsbad Cravings / Pink Rock Candy Fudge by Kleinworth & Co. / Raspberry Sorbet by Food, Folks, Fun / Pretty Pink Chambord Frosting by Who Needs A Cape? / Lightened up Pink Vodka Sauce by A Dish of Daily Life / Strawberry Oreo Cake Mix Cookies by Just Us Four / Prickly Pear Soda Floats by Club Narwhal / Cherry Pie Scones by The Bitter Side of Sweet / Pink Fluff Dip by Mamal Diane / Pretty Pink Raspberry Vanilla Mini Cakes by Liv for Cake / Pink Pop Tarts by Life Currents / Strawberry Cheesecake Dip by The Love Nerds / Glazed Cherry Buttermilk Scones by Tastes of Lizzy T / Raspberry Vanilla Pink Ombre Bundt Cake by Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt / Berry Bliss by 365(ish) Days of Pinterest / Meringue Cookies by Mamma Loves Food / Cream Puffs with Strawberry Filling by Cooking on the Front Burner / Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies by Culinary Couture / No Bake Pink Lemonade Cheesecake Parfaits by Homemade Hooplah / Vanilla Berry Cocktail by Twin Stripe / Snowball Truffles by House of Yumm / Turkish Delight by With a Blast
Thanks for visiting!