This Asian Spaghetti Squash is stuffed with fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices, then topped with a delicious asian sauce. It’s healthy, easy, and the perfect weeknight dinner!
Asian Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash is a very healthy and versatile vegetable. It can be substituted as pasta, or can be used in it’s own delicious way. I love making stuffed spaghetti squash recipes, and they are super easy! There are many methods to cook spaghetti squash, so I tried my hand at making spaghetti squash in the instant pot – what a time saver! Asian Spaghetti Squash is a healthy and delicious meal that everyone will love!
The filling for the Asian Spaghetti squash can be made in one skillet, which saves dishes and cleaning time – score! As I mentioned, this dish is seriously healthy!
Why Asian Spaghetti Squash is Healthy:
This meal has 4 generous servings which is guaranteed to fill everyone up.
- Each serving has only 237 calories, 10g fat, 6g fiber, 29g carbs (23g net carbs), and 10g protein. A vegetarian dish with 21% of your daily protein is a great meal option. *See full nutritional value all the way down the page**
- Squash provides 8% of your daily recommended B-6 vitamin, and also includes vitamin A and C, potassium, folic acid, beta-carotene and omega-3 essential fatty acids.
How to make Spaghetti Squash:
People always ask me about different ways to make spaghetti squash; there are three ways.
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash: Poke holes all over the squash. Place the whole squash into the pot on the steamer rack. Add 1 cup of water into the pot. Close the lid, cook on manual for 15 minutes. Quick release the pressure then carefully remove the squash. Cut in half then carefully remove the seeds. This method makes it incredibly easy to cut the squash in half!
- Microwave Spaghetti Squash: Cut the spaghetti squash in half carefully, and remove the seeds. Place the halves into a microwave safe baking dish, inside facing up. Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the dish. Cook for 10-12 minutes depending on side.
- Oven roasting Spaghetti Squash: Cut the spaghetti squash in half carefully, and remove the seeds. Rub olive oil all over the inside of the squash and season with salt and pepper. Place inside facing DOWN onto a baking sheet. Place into an oven heated to 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes depending on size. Remove from oven and use as desired.
- I prefer this method when I plan to eat the squash plain or as a side dish because roasting really adds a lot of flavor to the squash.
My favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious healthy meal that cooks in just 10 minutes! Simple to make, family friendly, and so tasty!
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf: In five minutes you can have a whole bunch of hardboiled eggs which are perfect for egg salad! No peeling or ice bath for this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf!
- Instant Pot Thai Lettuce Wraps (pork or chicken) can be made with pork or chicken in the instant pot or slow cooker! Juicy pork or chicken covered in an easy Thai peanut sauce makes the perfect healthy easy dinner!
- Instant Pot Roasted Red Pepper Soup: Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons is the perfect comfort food without any guilt! Make it in the Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or on the stove top!
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce wraps are the perfect healthy chicken recipe! Make the spicy chicken in just minutes, then load up fresh lettuce wraps with your favorite toppings!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
This Asian Spaghetti Squash is stuffed with fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices, then topped with a delicious asian sauce. It's healthy, easy, and the perfect weeknight dinner!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBS Sriracha hot sauce this is A LOT of spice, tone it down if you don't like spicy
- 2 inches fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 TBS olive oil divided
- 1 zucchini cut in half vertically, then sliced in half circles
- 8 ounces mushroom chopped
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts 1 ounce , chopped
Poke holes all over the squash. Place 1 cup of water in the instant pot. Place steamer rack into pot, then add squash. Close and cook on manual for 15 minutes. Manually release the pressure, then carefully remove the squash. Cut in half and remove seeds. Using a fork, scrape spaghetti squash out from the shell and set aside.
In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, red pepper flakes, and ginger; whisk well to combine; set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 TBS olive oil. Add zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
Move vegetables to the side of the skillet, then add eggs. Break the yolk and scramble. Combine with vegetables. Add spaghetti squash and sauce to the skillet; stir to combine.
Remove from heat, add green onions and cilantro; stir to combine.
Spoon into squash shells if desired (bowls work too), then top with additional cilantro, green onions, and peanuts if desired.
The nutritional information includes all ingredients listed in the recipe above (including garnishes).
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!