Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are super easy to make and taste better than the popular PF Chang’s version. This healthy recipe packs a huge punch of flavor!
Every time we go out for Asian or Thai, I always check to see if they have some sort of lettuce wrap. They are so delicious, and for the most part healthy as long as they don’t add too much oil (which is common at restaurants). I love making these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps at home because they are easy, delicious, and the whole family loves them!
With only 264 calories and 22 grams of protein per serving (scroll down for nutritional info), this is a dish you can feel good about eating! These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps use only one pot or skillet to cook the filling, then just a small bowl to mix the sauce. If you wanted to coat the entire dish with the sauce, you could even add it to the skillet and omit the extra bowl. I like having the option to drizzle more sauce over the top of the Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
How to make Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Make the sauce and set aside.
- Make the filling: In a large high sided skillet cook the ground chicken. Add the vegetables and continue cooking. Add the lime and a bit of the sauce.
- Serve using bib or romaine lettuce leaves. Add the ground chicken mixture, then the toppings and sauce. Enjoy
These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps only take about 30 minutes from start to finish, and the majority of that hands on time is going to be prepping your vegetables.
PRO TIP: A great option would be to prep everything over the weekend, and then all you have to do is throw it into the skillet when you are ready to eat it during the week!
This is a great recipe for your weekly meal plan because it’s easy, delicious, and takes little time to make.
Serve these delicious lettuce wraps with Copycat PF Chang’s Spicy Green Beans, Sautéed Kale (easy healthy recipe), or Asian Glazed Brussels Sprouts for the perfect meal! A side of Hot & Sour Soup would also be delicious!
Like healthy recipes as much as I do? Checkout these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
- Sheet Pan Asian Chicken and Vegetables only uses one pan and makes a delicious and healthy meal. Great for meal prep and healthy eating! Only 221 calories per serving and can be doubled or tripled for easy meal prep!
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings are the best and crispiest wings ever! Done in less than 20 minutes, you’ll never make wings another way again!
- Air Fryer salmon is juicy, flakey, healthy, and delicious! Best dinner! It’s done in less than 10 minutes!
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect healthy chicken recipe! Make the spicy chicken in just minutes, then load up fresh lettuce wraps with your favorite toppings!
- Instant Pot Asian Pork cooks up in just minutes, and is the perfect healthy dinner! Use the juicy meat in lettuce wraps, sliders, or a salad!
- Ginger Soy Chicken thighs are made in one skillet and simmered in the most delicious asian sauce. This 20 minute meal is perfect for dinner!
- All of the classic Big Mac ingredients and flavors fill this delicious salad, but with no bun there’s no guilt! This low carb Big Mac Salad will become a dinner staple!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are super easy to make and taste better than the popular PF Chang's version. This healthy recipe packs a huge punch of flavor!
- 2 TBS sweet chili sauce
- 1 ½ TBS lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 TBS lower sodium chicken stock
- 2 tsp sesame or olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame or olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 8 ounces shitake mushrooms, stems removed and diced
- 6 stalks green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 12 bib lettuce leaves
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
Mix sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, stock, and oil together in a small bowl. Microwave 1 minute or until bubbly; whisk and set aside.
Heat large skillet over medium/high heat. Add oil to skillet and then ground chicken. Leave for 3-4 minutes, then break up with a wooden spatula. Cook 3-4 more minutes, or until mostly cooked through.
Add mushrooms, cilantro, and green onions; stir to combine. Cook 2-3 minutes.
Cut lime in half, then squeeze lime juice from both halves into the skillet. Add salt and stir well. Cook 1 minutes, then remove from heat.
Add 2 TBS of sauce to skillet and stir to combine.
Rinse bib lettuce leaves and dry. Scoop about 1/4 cup filling into each leaf. Top with shredded carrots, peanuts, and sauce. Enjoy!
- Don’t like meat? Double the mushrooms and call it a day!
- You can add all the sauce to the skillet if you don’t want to drizzle it over the top. If you have picky eaters you may want to leave it all on the side!
- First published in January 2018. Updated May 2021.