We are big dip eaters at our house. Whenever we have people over or go somewhere, I love making dips to share. There are so many dip recipes, the options are endless! This dip came to mind because whenever I make Copycat Healthy Taco Bell Mexican Pizzas, I always use the left over refried beans and mix them with the left over enchilada sauce to make a quick dip. I make my enchilada sauce using chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (like this), so it really kicks up the dip with some spice. My husband and I love it. Anyway, that’s how I came up with the idea for this Creamy Chipotle Bean Dip.
This Creamy Chipotle Bean Dip combines cream cheese, refried beans, chipotle chilis and a bit of pepperjack cheese. It’s super easy to make and is a huge crowd pleaser. Minimal ingredients makes for a quick and easy dip.
This dip can also be heated or served cold – both are great options! If you do heat it in the oven, I would add a layer of pepperjack cheese to the top, because you really cant go wrong with more cheese, you know?
- 1 can 15 ounces fat free vegetarian refried beans
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese softened or room temperature
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce found in international aisle
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBS pepperjack cheese grated
- 2 green onions chopped
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine beans, cream cheese, chilis, and 1/4 cup pepperjack cheese. Process for 30 seconds or until well combines. Scrape sides of bowl, and process again for a few seconds.
2. Scoop dip into a serving bowl and top with remaining cheese and green onions.
Serve with chips, crackers, tortillas, veggie sticks, or whatever you want!
Thanks for visiting!