I am so excited to share this delicious Homemade Sweet Chili Sauce with y’all! I have been a huge fan of this sauce, since I started making recipes that call for a sweet chili sauce. I used to just buy it premade in the store, but then one day I was making dinner, and realized I didn’t have any when I needed it!
I looked up the ingredients that typical sweet chili sauce have, and went from there. It’s really quite simple, and you can make a big batch of this, then store it your fridge for when you need it! Serve with the most delicious Air Fryer Crab Rangoon!
I absolutely love red pepper flakes, and they definitely spice this recipe up! There is a very distinct spicy flavor, and sweet flavor, which balances nicely in Asian and Thai dishes. Heck, I even love dipping raw vegetables into this sauce – makes a great zesty dip! Use it on chicken, fish, or even beef; then stir fry up some vegetables to serve alongside. Making Homemade Sweet Chili Sauce yourself saves money and you know exactly what you are putting into it!
Use this sweet chili sauce on a variety of recipes such as:
- Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings (super crispy)
- Asian Salad
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries (homemade)
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 TBS red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup water + 2 TBS
- 1 TBS cornstarch
1. In a small sauce pot add honey, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, garlic, and ¾ cup water; whisk well to combine. Heat over medium high, bringing to a quick bowl while whisking. Boil for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
2. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and 2 TBS water.
3. Lower heat, pour cornstarch mixture into the pot; whisk to combine. Bring back to a boil, stirring while sauce thickens. Cook about 1 minute, or until thick- it will be quick. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Place in an airtight container, such as a small mason jar. Refrigerate and store for up to 2 months.