This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavorTheSeason #CollectiveBias
The countdown has begun and there are only a few more weeks until Christmas! Since Thanksgiving, I have been trying to get everything in order, but, like most of y’all, it is SUCH a busy time! I feel like once we get into December, the time just flies by. On top of all the holidays, it’s my son’s birthday, tons of parties going on, and we are taking a vacation – what was I thinking?!?! That’s why I am relying on easy recipes to get me through this holiday, including this super simple Holiday Sausage Cornbread Stuffing.
I headed Meijer to pick up my ingredients, including the Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage which would be the star of the recipe.
They use a savory blend of unique seasonings in the sausage that kicks up everyday meals, along with the premium pork sausage in every roll. I also like using Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage in several holiday recipes, because it’s very versatile. My friend was just telling me about her Sausage stuffed mushrooms she makes every holiday season and I can’t wait to see them! I couldn’t wait to start the recipe!
After cooking up the vegetables and sausage, I was ready to mix in the cornbread and rest of the ingredients. That’s it – then you pop it in the oven! It’s super simple!
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Roll Sausage (Sage or Regular)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook sausage, celery and onion in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Spoon into large bowl.
- Add cornbread, parsley and seasoning; mix lightly. Add broth and egg; mix just until blended. Stir in pecans, if desired.
- Spoon into lightly greased 2-quart casserole or soufflé dish; cover.
- Bake 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated, uncovering after 35 minutes.
- For the 4 cups crumbled cornbread needed to prepare this recipe, bake 1 pkg. (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix according to the package directions for the pan of cornbread. Cool, then coarsely crumble. To toast the crumbled cornbread, preheat oven to 400°F. Spread the cornbread onto bottom of large shallow baking pan. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring after 5 minutes.)
You can check out more holiday recipes here!
Thanks for visiting!