Have an Instant Pot? You can make these Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps in the Instant Pot too! RECIPE HERE!
I pretty much love crock pot recipes because they are usually fairly easy and cheap. They usually don't have too many ingredients, most you probably have on hand already. This recipe is done in a pretty quick amount of time in crock pot terms, too- 3 to 4 hours. When I made Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps last week, it left a really delightful smell in the house, and even being a vegetarian I was drooling looking at this. The sauce looks really good, and I think it pairs perfectly with a nice crisp lettuce wrap. You could also opt to serve this over rice, or in taco shells...I think there are a lot of options here. As for the taste? My boss said it was really good, and described it as having a unique smokey-sweet flavor.
This is also super healthy, being from Skinny Taste. It has only 185 calories per serving and 2 grams of fat, while giving you a whopping 27 grams of protein!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce tamari for gluten-free
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot chili sauce or more to taste
- 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 medium scallions chopped for garnish
- Lettuce for lettuce cups I used bib lettuce
1. Place the chicken in the slow cooker and season with black pepper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, 1 tablespoon water, sesame oil, onion powder and sriracha hot chili sauce. Pour over chicken and cook on LOW 3-4 hours.
3. Remove chicken, leaving the sauce in the slow cooker. Shred chicken with two forks; set aside.
4. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in remaining ¼ cup water; add to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH until slightly thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes; return chicken to the slow cooker and mix well.
Serve chicken and sauce in lettuce cups and top with sesame seeds and chopped scallions for garnish.
This could also be served over rice if you prefer that over the lettuce cups.
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: over ⅔ cup • Old Pts: 4 • Weight Watchers Points+: 4
Calories: 185.5 • Fat: 2 g • Protein: 27 g • Carbs: 13.5 g • Fiber: 0.7 g • Sugar: 10 g
Sodium: 504 mg