One Pot Spicy Thai Zoodles are the perfect healthy meal! Substitute zucchini noodles for pasta and it reduces this recipe to only 162 calories PER SERVING! So amazing!
Y’all…I am SO excited to share this recipe with you! Look familiar? Well, if you have been following Domestic Superhero, you might know that my One Pot Spicy Thai NOODLES, have been the most popular recipe over the last year! It’s popped up everywhere, and everyone is obsessed with it. Now that we have been trying to eat a lot healthier, that unfortunately means less pasta for us, BUT, I recently tried a Spiralizer, and it is soooo amazing. Using the spiralizer for this recipe reduces the total calories tremendously (162 calories per serving – scroll all the way down for nutritional info), and you really don’t lose anything. It still tastes great, and honestly, I feel like the Zoodles (zucchini noodles) are really pasta; it’s incredible! You HAVE to try this One Pot Spicy Thai Zoodles recipe right now…add it to your meal plan and make it!
Now, let me just say, if you have issues with me calling this a ‘Thai’ recipe, then just click off this recipe. I have heard so many negative comments surrounding my other recipe because it’s not ‘thai’…well guess what? It’s my recipe, and if I want to call it Thai, I will. The flavors in the recipe remind me of an Asian Thai recipe, and I am going to name it to fit that. I’ve heard over and over, “You don’t use rice noodles, you don’t use fish sauce”…yada yada yada. Listen, the reason there are so many food blogs out there, is because there are so many people with different and unique ideas. If you want to harp on me and be negative, I don’t want to hear it; go elsewhere! If you want to enjoy delicious, easy, and healthy recipes, then stay here. It’s simple…just like this One Pot Spicy Thai Zoodle recipe!
This dish comes together really quickly, and it’s full of healthy vegetables and eggs! The sauce is to die for, so this ends up being pretty saucy. If you wanted to bulk this recipe up, you could easily throw it on top of some rice and enjoy that way; the rice would soak up all the extra delicious sauce. BUT, you really don’t even need to do that. These are filling on their own and are really the perfect meal.
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized into zoodles
- 16 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 small carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 3 TBS brown sugar
- 1 TBS sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch knob ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- nonstick spray
- 1. Lay zucchini noodles out on a couple layers of paper towels, sprinkle with salt, then cover with a layer of paper towels. Let sit for 10 minutes to remove the extra water from the zucchini noodles.
- 2. In the mean time, heat a skillet over medium heat, spray with non stick spray, add beaten eggs and red pepper flakes and stir to scramble the eggs. Remove the eggs from the skillet and set aside.
- 3. Spray skillet with nonstick spray again and return to stove. Add carrots, mushrooms, and garlic; saute over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until veggies are a bit under-cooked.
- 4. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, and ginger; whisk well to combine; pour mixture over the vegetables in the skillet.
- 5. Press the paper towels against the zucchini to absorb the moisture- you can even roll up a bit to get the most water out as possible. Add the zucchini noodles to the skillet, toss gently to coat/mix. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add eggs, green onions, and cilantro to the skillet; toss to combine/coat well.
- 6. Serve!
- This recipe makes 4 servings - each serving being 162 calories each. Another tasty addition is adding chopped peanuts to the top of this dish - yum!
Like healthy recipes as much as I do? Check out these other recipes from Domestic Superhero (click on photo for recipe):
Thanks for visiting!