It’s no secret that I love margaritas, but I really love taking a couple shortcuts while making them. No one ever notices anything different when I make margaritas, so it’s really a win win. Making the perfect margarita doesn’t have to be hard, and even with a simple substitution, you don’t sacrifice any flavor.
I love the idea of Cranberry Margaritas around the holidays. Even though margaritas have a reputation of being a summer drink, by adding the more tart cranberries, it brings them down to a less tropical-fruity level. Even though the cranberries are tart, the other ingredients pick up the sweetness, so this isn’t a bitter drink. It’s really perfect in my opinion. Serve these at your holiday party or just hanging out. I am going to mix up another batch for New Year’s Eve!
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate (+2.5 cans of water)
- 1 cup cranberries, rinsed plus some for garnish
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups tequila (gold or silver)
- lime for garnish
- sugar or salt for glass rim
- 1. Empty the limeade concentrate into a pitcher. Add 2 1/2 cans of water. Add 16-20 ounces (your preference) of tequila. Add cranberry juice, 1/2 cup cranberries, and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- 2.Place the pitcher, covered, in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Serve in sugar/salt rimmed glasses garnished with lime and cranberries if desired.
- *If you aren't a fan of tequila, you could also make these with your favorite vodka.
Like summer cocktails as much as I do? Check out these other drinks from Domestic Superhero:
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!