- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed and rolled flat
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided plus extra for topping
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1. In a medium bowl, place your diced strawberries and 1/4 cup of the sugar, toss to coat, set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl add softened cream cheese (should be really soft - heat in microwave if needed), vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar; beat well with a fork or electric mixer (if the cream cheese is soft, this should be easy to do by hand.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 dgrees.
- 4. With your dough rolled out, cut each piece into fourths (so you should have 4 rectangles from each sheet). Now you will make about 1 inch cuts along both sides of the rectangles, leaving about 2 inches in the center (to place the filling).
- 5. Spread about 1/2 TBS of cream cheese mixture in the center of each piece, then add about 2 TBS of strawberry mixture to the top of that. Starting at one end, wrap your cut pieces into the center, crossing as you go - this does not have to be perfect.
- 6. Place pastries on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush egg on the tops and sides of the pastries and give a light sprinkle of sugar over the top.
- 7. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, checking done-ness at 20 minutes and continuing until the tops are nicely browned.
- 8. Remove from oven and serve warm or after they are cooled. Enjoy!
- Don't like strawberries? This recipe could be made with pretty much any other berry as well, or mixed berries - yum!
Facts from BreastCancer.org
Please visit the other bloggers who have also ‘cooked for a cure’! These recipes look amazing and delicious!
Strawberries & Cream Pastries by Domestic Superhero / Drink Pink Mocktail by Love Bakes Good Cakes / Strawberry Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by Like Mother, Like Daughter / No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake by Sugar & Soul / Cranberry Raspberry Punch by Carlsbad Cravings / Pink Rock Candy Fudge by Kleinworth & Co. / Raspberry Sorbet by Food, Folks, Fun / Pretty Pink Chambord Frosting by Who Needs A Cape? / Lightened up Pink Vodka Sauce by A Dish of Daily Life / Strawberry Oreo Cake Mix Cookies by Just Us Four / Prickly Pear Soda Floats by Club Narwhal / Cherry Pie Scones by The Bitter Side of Sweet / Pink Fluff Dip by Mamal Diane / Pretty Pink Raspberry Vanilla Mini Cakes by Liv for Cake / Pink Pop Tarts by Life Currents / Strawberry Cheesecake Dip by The Love Nerds / Glazed Cherry Buttermilk Scones by Tastes of Lizzy T / Raspberry Vanilla Pink Ombre Bundt Cake by Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt / Berry Bliss by 365(ish) Days of Pinterest / Meringue Cookies by Mamma Loves Food / Cream Puffs with Strawberry Filling by Cooking on the Front Burner / Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies by Culinary Couture / No Bake Pink Lemonade Cheesecake Parfaits by Homemade Hooplah / Vanilla Berry Cocktail by Twin Stripe / Snowball Truffles by House of Yumm / Turkish Delight by With a Blast
Thanks for visiting!