When I saw this activity/meal on Pinterest I knew I had to try it with the kids I nanny. They love hot dogs and spaghetti, so how could they not like this?!?! I noticed it when it was popping up as a fun Halloween meal (worm spaghetti anyone?!), and that is when we did it first. Now we make this occasionally, and the kids have a lot of fun putting the spaghetti through the hot hot dogs! It's great for little hands because the pieces of hot dog are big enough for them to hold with one hand, and put the spaghetti through with the other. Using thick spaghetti is key, because thinner spaghetti's tend to snap and break, and that gets frustrating for the kids.
What you need....
What you do....
How to cook....
Time to eat!
Spaghetti Hot Dogs
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Slice hot dogs into bit size pieces. Break spaghetti in half.
3. Slide strands of spaghetti through the hot dog slices (we do 4-5 per piece)
4. Put pieces into boiling water. Boil according to package instructions (7-9 minutes), and drain when pasta is finished cooking.
5. Serve with a side of ketchup, marinara, or your child's favorite dipping sauce!