Some of these are a little crazy with the sprinkles, because of course my 4 year old helper LOVES sprinkles. The truth is, you can top these balls with anything or nothing. I’ve made them with crushed Oreo pieces as a topping, nuts, sprinkles, graham cracker crumbles, chocolate, and other various things. You really can’t go wrong.
Like I said, these are super easy to make, and would be the perfect treat for your Valentine. I have made these bad boys with a red velvet center too, which would be perfect for your sweetheart. The blend of Oreo cookies and cream cheese makes the perfect texture and most delicious moist center. These also keep in the fridge for a long time (If you have any to keep!), so they definitely can be made ahead of time and then used a day or more later. I have kept them in the fridge for more than a week at times and they have still been good.
- 1 box oreo cookies, processed into crumbs
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 package white chocolate bark/candy coating chocolate
- 1 package milk chocolate bark/candy coating chocolate
- various sprinkles
- 1. In your food processor, combine Oreo crumbs and softened cream cheese. Mix well.
- 2. Place mixture into the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- 3. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside. Remove mixture from freezer and taking TBS chunks at a time, roll into balls. Set onto the cookie sheet; repeat until mixture is all used.
- 4. Place cookie sheet into freezer and allow to freeze for at least 2 hours (I usually just let them go overnight).
- 5. Melt white chocolate according to package directions. In a separate bowl, melt milk chocolate according to package directions.
- 6. Dip ball into chocolate of choice (I use a fork and just set it on the fork and dunk), coat well, let excess chocolate drip off, and then set back onto parchment. Repeat until all balls are covered.
- 7. Using remaining chocolate, drizzle contrasting colors over the top.
- **Add various sprinkles or toppings while the chocolate is still 'wet', otherwise they won't stick. The best way is to dip into the chocolate and then add the topping right away!
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
Thanks for visiting!