This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GonutsforNuts #CollectiveBias
Have y’all heard of the Planters Seasonal Nuts? I am OBSESSED with them. Like, literally obsessed. They have a variety of different combinations, but my absolute favorite is the Winter Spice Blend. There are FOUR different types of nuts and these delicious crunchy sesame sticks, all covered in this sweet by savory spice blend. They are SO good. I decided to use them to make a delicious cheesecake because nuts + chocolate chips + cheesecake + chocolate + caramel = nothing short of the most amazing cheesecake you’ve ever had. You can pick up these delicious Planter’s Nut Blends at Walmart. There is a huge sled display featuring the nuts, but unfortunately my Walmart didn’t have that out yet! I found them on a couple different end caps though!
They are so yummy. This cheesecake looks so decadent and difficult to make, but trust me, it’s not. Cheesecake is super easy to throw together, and then adding the toppings is also quick and easy. If you want to impress your friends, make this cheesecake and bring it to whatever holiday/function/event/party/movie night. It’s appropriate anytime, and I swear you will be everyone’s new best friend once you make it.
Another thing I love about Planter’s Seasonal Nut Blends, is the Blippar app! You can download blippar for free on your apple, android, blackberry or windows device (learn how to download at: https://blippar.com/en/ – download). After downloading and opening blippar, you can scan (or blip) one of the Planter’s seasonal nut items. A mobile site will populate and provide a menu bar with the following choices: Take a Selfie with Mr. Peanut, browse a list of seasonal Planter’s items, and browse recipes. I love using this app because it provides tons of recipe inspiration, and I also love the selfie function because who doesn’t love a good selfie?!
If you need more inspiration for the holiday’s, check out the Cooking Up Good website. They have recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
- 1 chocolate pie crust
- 2 8-ounce packaged cream cheese (I used lower fat cream cheese), softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Planters Winter Spice Seasonal Nuts, chopped roughly
- 6 TBS caramel sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 TBS butter
- 1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or glass bowl if using an electric mixer), add cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and beat with the paddle attachment on medium until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until mixed but not over-mixed.
- 2. Place 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips in the bottom on the pie crust in an even layer. Fold the remaining 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips into the cream cheese mixture. Carefully pour the cream cheese mixture into the pie crust and use a spatula or spoon to smooth the top.
- 3. Place in center of oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until edges are set. Do not over-bake. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack. Once cooled, place in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 4. In a microwave safe small glass bowl, place 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove, mix with spoon, and then microwave in 15 second increments stirring in between until melted. This shouldn't take more than 2 minutes total time. Be careful to stir every 15 seconds or you will burn the chocolate.
- 5. Drizzle 2 TBS caramel sauce over the top of the cheesecake (this will help the nuts stick). Sprinkle the nuts over the top in an even layer. Then, drizzle chocolate across the top of the nuts, and then more caramel across the top of the chocolate.
- 6. Cut with a sharp knife and serve. Store in fridge up to 1 week.
- *For a clean cut, wipe the knifes edge off between making cuts so there is no cheesecake on it.
Thanks for visiting!