I made this recipe last week for my boss and it seems pretty tasty. The sauce with the snap peas was delicious, so I can imagine paired with the chicken it would be really good. The recipe is from Fit Magazine, so it is also pretty healthy. I have included the nutritional information below, along with the WW point (7). This was quick to make and had minimal ingredients, most things you probably have in your pantry right now! If you want to try this with fish or pork in place of chicken, that would probably be yummy as well.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4, 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used more)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots or red onion
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas strings removed
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
1. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Lightly dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
2. In a small bowl, combine wine and mustard; stir in broth.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 table-spoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and saute until golden, about 2 minutes a side. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Reduce heat to medium, add shallots and cook about 30 seconds. Stir in reserved flour mixture and cook until dissolved, about 30 seconds. Add wine mixture and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
5. Return chicken to skillet with any juices that have accumulated on the plate. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until chicken is just cooked, about 2 minutes a side. Place a chicken breast on each of four dinner plates.
6. Add peas to skillet and return sauce to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until peas are crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Stir in chives. Divide peas among plates and spoon sauce over chicken.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins Cook: 10 mins
Nutritional facts per serving: 348 calories, 40g protein, 13g carbs, 12 g fat, (2 g saturated fat), 2 g fiber
7 WW points