Cadbury Mini Egg Skillet Brownies are the perfect Easter dessert! These ooey gooey brownies are the perfect mix of fudge and chocolate!
Now that Easter is just a few short weeks away, I decided to whip up a delicious Easter themed dessert. Cadbury Mini Egg Skillet Brownies are the perfect Easter treat! Skillet brownies are the ooey-gooey type of homemade brownie that is ramped up with chocolate chips and delicious Cadbury Mini Eggs! They turned out so delicious and my whole family went crazy over them!
Typically after Easter, I grab a couple bags of these mini eggs on clearance, because they are SO good, and impossible to find after the holiday. I love sucking on them a bit, and then letting them melt in my mouth – ugh, they are the best! Since I have been playing around with skillet brownies so much lately, I thought this was a great way to add to the brownies, and showcase my favorite Easter candy! So yum!
I also love the little pop of color the mini eggs give to the brownies! Top these bad boys with a little squirt of whipped cream or ice cream and you are good to go! I absolutely love these skillet brownies!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Cadbury Mini Eggs, chopped roughly
- whipped cream for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10 or 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Add cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder to bowl; mix to combine, but don’t over mix. Add the chocolate chips and almost all the chopped Cadbury mini eggs (leave about 1/4 cup out, reserving for topping), to the batter, and fold to combine.
- 3. Pour batter into skillet and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining chopped Mini Eggs on the top of the batter.
- 4. Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Check at 30 minutes with a toothpick and cook additional minutes if needed. Remove from oven.
- 5. Top with whipped cream. Slice and serve.
Like desserts as much as I do? Check out these other desserts from Domestic Superhero:
Thanks for visiting!