I have made these a few times at work and they look delicious. The recipe originally calls for turkey in place of the chicken, but for some reason no stores around here carry turkey breast unless it’s November. I think chicken is a good substitute, but you could also probably make the recipe with shrimp, too! You could also skewer these and serve them as an appetizer at a party! Before I became a vegetarian I loved coconut shrimp!! It was like dessert for dinner, how can you not love that?! Additionally this recipe is quick, easy, and cheap (see 5 ingredients or less!)! I only had to pick up some more preserves and chicken, and the other 3 things were in the pantry!
This recipe is also from the Weight Watchers Points Plus Just 5 Cookbook. It has a lot of quick and easy recipes. The book has 125 recipes all with 5 ingredients or less. I think for people on WW’s this is a must have book!
- 1/2 cup no sugar added peach preserves
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1lb skinless, boneless, chicken breast (thin sliced or pounded out, cut into about 16 strips)
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, chopped
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- 2. To make sauce, combine 1/4 cups peach preserves with 1/2 tsp curry powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3. Cut chicken into 16 strips. Combine chicken, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/4 cup preserves, and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Toss to coat.
- 4. Combine coconut and panko in a shallow dish. One at a time coat the strips with mixture, lightly spray with nonstick spray, and lay onto baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with sauce.
- Makes 4 servings. 6-8 WW points per serving depending on brand of SF peach preserves you use (4 fingers and 1TBS of sauce). 270 Calories, 4 g fat, 3 g sat. fat.
Recipe adapted from Just 5 WW recipe book.