Pink Ombre Pancakes are simple to make and such a pretty breakfast! Serve them to your sweetheart for Valentine’s Day or any occasion!
With Valentine’a Day right around the corner, I wanted to make a breakfast that could be served during the special romantic holiday or anytime really. Pink Ombre Pancakes are versatile and delicious like regular pancakes, but they have the cool ombre effect of changing shades of pink! You can cook these up in just a few minutes, and using gel food coloring will really make your Pink Ombre POP!
Using Gel Food Coloring:
- The pink gel food coloring works so well, and provides a vibrant color!
- A little goes a long long way for sure! You only need 1 small drop for the lighter color, then a tiny bit more for each shade after that.
- After you mix the color with the pancake mix, you can adjust as needed for your desired color.
- I like to get my gel food coloring off Amazon, but you can also get it from stores like Michael’s or Hobby Lobby.
Ways to serve Pink Ombre Pancakes:
- If you are serving these Pink Ombre Pancakes just for fun, you can put syrup and whipped cream on top.
- If you are serving them for Valentine’s Day, you can add the fun conversation hearts on top of the whipped cream!
- Adding pink and red sprinkles would also be fun for Valentine’s Day as well.
- Don’t like pink so much? Checkout my Rainbow Pancakes as well!
How to Cook Pink Ombre Pancakes:
- Using a griddle is the best way to whip up a big batch of these. Using the stove top is also an option, but you will end up spending a decent amount of time making each batch.
- Cook them until you see bubbles popping up on the top side, then flip and cook about 30 more seconds to finish them.
- You have the option to make homemade pancake mix, or you can just as easily use store bought pre-made mix, either is fine!
When to serve Pink Ombre Pancakes:
- Valentines day is the perfect occasion for these romantic pancakes!
- A girl’s birthday breakfast- she will go crazy for these fun ombre pancakes!
- Serve them at a breakfast birthday party! Having a birthday party breakfast? These are the perfect option!
- Cook them up for your sweetie on your anniversary! Serve them in bed with some eggs and coffee and you will be on his or her good side for the whole day!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Pink Ombre Pancakes are simple to make and such a pretty breakfast! Serve them to your sweetheart for Valentine's Day or any occasion!
- 2 cups pancake mix prepared according to package directions
- pink gel food coloring
- maple syrup
- whipped cream
- conversation hearts optional
Prepare pancake mix according to package directions (or make homemade).
Using 3 small bowls, divide pancake mix into 3 bowls evenly.
In the first bowl, add a small drop of food coloring, in the second bowl, add a little more, and then a little more to the third bowl. Mix with fork to combine.
Preheat a griddle, and pour 1/3 cup of pancake mix onto the griddle; repeating for all shades. When pancakes are bubbling, carefully flip to the other side. Cook for 30 more seconds, remove.
Stack 2 of each shade on top of each other, then drizzle maple syrup on top and add whipped cream. Add conversation hearts if desired.
Thanks for visiting!