Last week I posted about the delicious Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls I made, and I had some ingredients left over from that recipe that I needed to use up. I hate wasting food, so I knew I could use the left over apples and cream cheese glaze for something tasty. It just so happened that I had these cute little Phyllo Shells in the freezer and I thought they would be perfect for this! I was right, and these are super delicious and easy to make. They would make the perfect fall dessert at a brunch or party. They would pair great with a seasonal beer or light white wine. I can’t wait to make them again because they are super cute and delicious!
The overall time to make these little treats is relatively quick, too, about 25 minutes including prep time! I have also put these in the fridge, and warmed them up the next day and they taste just as great!
I would definitely recommend these for a party or get together, just heat them up right before you get there or after the party starts. I love these things and they are so cute and seasonal!
Like Apples? How about trying out these Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls!
- 24 Fillo shells phyllo cups/shells
- 2 granny smith apples peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/8 cup cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbs milk or half and half
1. Heat 2 TBS butter in a skillet and then add brown sugar, mixing to combine. After 30 seconds, add the apples and sauté until apples are slightly caramelized. Sprinkle cinnamon over apples and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
1. mix cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk and salt together with an electric or stand mixer on medium speed and set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place shells on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Spoon 1 TBS of filling into the shells (or a little more, just so they are full), and then bake for 5-8 minutes or until the shells are just browned (also check phyllo shell packaging and cook according to that). Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
2. Drizzle glaze over the top of the apple pie tartlets and serve warm.
*To reheat, just pop back into toaster oven or oven and cook a few minutes until the filling is heated through.
Thanks for visiting!