Naan bread is such an easy tool for throwing together an awesomely quick and delicious dinner! I usually keep a package of naan in the freezer or I whip up a fresh batch (recipe here), that way I can just take them out whenever the mood strikes, or when we don’t have much time to throw together dinner. For this flatbread, I paired asparagus, delicious herbs, and creamy goat cheese. These Herbed Asparagus & Goat Cheese flatbreads turned out amazing.
It took less than 20 minutes to whip these up, and way less time to eat them! I love using asparagus now that it’s coming back into season, and for this recipe a little goes a long way. I use a vegetable peeler to peel thin slices of asparagus, but you could also just finely slice them with a knife. I usually leave the spears whole, because if you slice those, they kind of crumble apart. After rubbing a little olive oil on the top of the naan, I sprinkled it with various herbs – thyme, basil, parsley, and oregano, and then rubbed them around with my fingers. After that all you do is top with a pile of asparagus slices (use a lot, it cooks down), dot goat cheese around, and then top off with a few cracks of pepper and salt.
Pop it in the oven for 10 minutes, and then remove and eat it up immediately. The recipe I am sharing is for 2 breads, but you could easily double it for 4 breads.
Don’t like goat cheese? Use feta or brie instead – yum!
- 2 pieces of Naan
- 1/2 pound asparagus spears, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Place both naan onto a lined baking sheet. Drizzle 1/2 TBS olive oil onto each naan and spread around. Sprinkle the basil, oregano, and thyme over the oil and lightly rub it around with your hands or the back of a spoon. Divide the asparagus spices in half, then put half on each bread. Top with 2 ounces goat cheese on each bread, then a few cracks of pepper and salt.
- 3. Place into oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- These could easily be cut into small pieces and work well as a party appetizer!
Like making easy flatbreads as much as I do? Check out these other recipes on Domestic Superhero:
Thanks for visiting!