In case you haven’t noticed, my blog is called ‘Domestic Superhero’….one of the reasons is because I love superheroes…who doesn’t?! So when I heard about Captain America: The Winter Soldier coming to DVD, I wanted to make a dessert that was Captain America themed. We love M&M’s® at our house, so I thought what better than some M&M® Cheesecake bars? Well, I will tell you what….Peanut butter and chocolate M&M cheesecake bars! With a layer of peanut butter M&M’s on the bottom and then chocolate M&M’s on top of the cheesecake with a buttery graham cracker crust, these cheesecake bars are seriously so decadent and tasty.
Next, I started out by making a simple graham cracker crust.
While that was cooking I separated out all the red and blue M&M’s so it would be Captain America colors!
After that I made the cheesecake filling, and set that aside. After the crust cooled, I added a layer of Peanut Butter M&M’s, then poured the cheesecake filling on top of that, then added the Chocolate Mini M&M’s on the top, and then baked…voila! Super easy.
They taste even more delicious than they look, too!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature (can use lower fat as well)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter M&M's coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Mini M&M's
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and brown sugar with a fork until it is a course crumble. Dump the mixture into a 8x8 baking dish (a 11x7 would also work but have a thinner crust), and press the mixture down into the dish until it's even and pressed together. Bake for 10 minutes, remove and cool (leaving in baking dish) for at least 30 minutes.
2. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract together with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes. Make sure there are no clumps.
3. Spread the Peanut Butter M&Ms in a layer over the crust. Pour the cream cheese filling over this layer and use a spatula to spread evenly. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with mini M&M's, then place back in the oven and cook for an additional 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely (at least 1 hour), and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours prior to serving.
4. Cut into bars and serve.
Any leftovers must be stored in the refrigerator.
THINGS YOU MIGHT NEED FOR THIS RECIPE:
Like desserts? Check out these other delicious cheesecake based recipes
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!