Baked Caprese Pasta is full of fresh basil leaves, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and more! It’s the perfect 20 minute meal!
Baked Caprese Pasta is made quickly:
One of the things I like best about this baked caprese pasta, aside from it’s amazing taste, is that it comes together so quickly.
- You basically cook the pasta, then mix everything together, then bake for a few minutes. BAM! Dinner is served!
- I didn’t even go all out and make a real pesto. I just tossed the basil in the food processor with some asiago cheese and oil, and let it run for a few seconds. Deeeeeelicious!
- Toss everything together an bake!
I mean, maybe it’s just that I have such an affinity for cheese, but just look at how amazing that cheese looks!! Are you licking your screen yet?! If you need a quick, easy, and delicious weeknight meal, this is a total winner. If you have a super large skillet that you can actually boil pasta in, this could actually be a one pot meal. Mind. Blown.
Baked Caprese Pasta is full of fresh basil leaves, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and more! It's cheesy deliciousness makes it the perfect 20 minute meal!
- 12 ounces linguine or fettuccine
- 1 cup marinara sauce (your choice)
- 1 cup packed basil leaves (about 2 handfuls)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan or asiago cheese , divided
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes , halved
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella , sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, careful not to over cook. Drain and set aside. Preheat oven to HIGH broil and move rack to center setting.
In a food processor, add basil leaves, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup parmesan or asiago cheese, turn on high to process, drizzle in oil as it processes. Scrape down sides and process again to completely combine.
In the pot you used to boil the pasta, add marinara sauce, basil mixture, and tomatoes; stir to combine. Add pasta back to pot, stir carefully to evenly coat with sauce. Pour pasta into a large baking or casserole dish. Top with mozzarella rounds and remaining parmesan or asiago cheese.
Place in center of oven, broil on high for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is browning. Keep a careful eye on it so it doesn't burn.
Carefully remove from oven, garnish with additional basil leaves if desired. Serve immediately and dig in!
Like pasta as much as I do? Check out these other delicious pasta recipes on Domestic Superhero:
Thanks for visiting!