Holiday Cranberry Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Drizzle
For the crust
For the filling
28-ounce packages of low fat cream cheese, softened
dash of salt
4ozdark chocolatebroken into pieces
For the Crust
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a food processor, pulse the graham cracker and sugar until mixed and ground. Add the butter and pulse until incorporated. Dump the mixture in the baking dish and press the crumbs into the bottom of the baking dish using the bottom of a glass or something alike. Bake until slightly firm, about 12 minutes. Place on a cooling rack and cool completely.
For the filling
1. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, ⅓ cup of the sugar, and juice. Bring to a boil and cook for 6 or so minutes, or until the cranberries pop and the mixture is syrupy. Cool for about 30 minutes and set aside.
2. Combine the remaining sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. Add a dash of salt and beat until combined.
3. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled crust. Drop dollops of the cranberry mixture into the cream cheese mixture and swirl with a chopstick. They may sink into the cheesecake which is fine.
4. Bake at 350°F until the cheesecake is set but still slightly jiggly in the center, about 50 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill the cheesecake until firm, at least 4 hours. Cut into small squares.
5. In a microwave safe bowl, add dark chocolate and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, mix with spoon, then microwave in 15 second increments, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. This should not take long.
6. Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate over the top of the cranberry bars. Serve and enjoy!
Bars should be stored in the fridge, up to 1 week.