Mushroom & Goat Cheese Flatbreads with Balsamic Glaze
2Naan slices whole
8ozcreminibaby bella mushrooms, sliced thinly
½yellow onionthinly sliced
2ozgoat cheese crumbles
1and ½ TBS brown sugar
salt and pepper
For the glaze
1. Mix balsamic vinegar with brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat. Then add mushrooms and onions and saute over medium/high heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add thyme, salt, and pepper, and saute for a few more minutes or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are cooked and soft. Turn off heat and set aside.
3. Brush the tops of the Naan with the olive oil so the top is coated. Then add half of the mushrooms/onions to the top of each bread, spreading evenly over the top. Sprinkle 1 oz goat cheese crumbles to each naan.
4. Place flatbreads on a parchment lined baking sheet, and place in oven for 6-8 minutes, or until cheese is softed. *You do not want to overcook so watch carefully for browning on the bread. Remove from oven.
5. Drizzle 1 TBS of balsamic glaze over each flatbread. Cut into halves or fourths and serve warm.