2cupsfat-freeless-sodium vegetable broth (or beef if you're a carnivore)
12ozsliced baby Bellacremini mushrooms*
salt and pepper to taste
2tablespoonwhite wine or sherry
¼cupreduced-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
8ozuncooked noodlesRonzoni Smart Taste, Healthy Harvest or No-Yolk
1tablespoonminced fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
1. Cook noodles in a pot of salted water according to package directions, I like to under-cook them a bit so I can mix it with the sauce and let it finish cooking.
2. While the water starts to boil for the noodles, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter over medium heat, add onions to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat.
3. Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon for 30 seconds. Gradually add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper; stir and cook 4-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
4. Add wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 30 seconds.
5. Stir in sour cream (or Greek yogurt), add noodles and mix well. Garnish with parsley if desired.
*feel free to use whatever mushroom blend you want