2cupscorn kernelsabout a 12 ounce frozen bag of corn
1small shallotdiced finely
1jalapenoseeds and membrane removed, diced
dash of salt and pepper
¾cupplain non fat Greek yogurt
1tablespoonsolive oilplus extra for frying
Ingredients for the Cilantro Lime Cream
¼cupchopped cilantroor more or less to taste
Juice from 1 lime
NOTE: Batter can be made ahead and chilled.
1. In a large bowl mix the grits, corn, shallots, jalapeño, cumin, salt and pepper. Add yogurt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and eggs. Mix to combine. Let rest 5 minutes.
2. Set large nonstick frying pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Pour in 1 teaspoon olive oil (or enough to just coat the bottom of the pan). Once hot, spoon 2 TBS of batter per cake into pan. Spread with the back your spoon to even out the batter (you don't want it too thick or thin!). Make 3 to 4 fritters at a time.
3. Cook cakes 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes, or until golden on the other side. Place fritters onto a paper towel lined plate to drain off grease. Repeat for all batter.
4. Mix Greek yogurt, lime juice, and cilantro.
5. Serve fritters and drizzle cream over the top. Enjoy while hot!