Peanut Butter Chocolate Roll-ups are a quick and easy snack or lunch box solution that your kids will love!
Now, y'all know when your kids are picky eaters, it's hard to find nutritious things that will fit into their small circle of 'acceptable' foods. When I learned how to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Roll-ups, I knew they would be a snack or easy lunch idea my kids would love. The rollup is actually made from bananas, which are very nutritious and filling, and it's super simple to cook up. I love to pair this recipe up with Annie’s® White Cheddar Popcorn and Honest Tea® Kids Juices for my son. Whether your kids are picky eaters or not, they will love this Peanut Butter Chocolate Roll-up because it seems like an indulgent treat!
All you need to do is mash up a banana, add 2 eggs, and pour it into a hot skillet. Cook it up just like you would a pancake! Careful not to burn them - they cook up quick!
Once you have it cooked up, you can spread peanut butter or almond butter (or if your kid's school has nut restrictions, use a nut free soy butter), then layer on some chocolate spread on top, and roll it up! You can easily use a toothpick or parchment paper tied with twine to hold it together.
I like to stick it in my son's lunchbox with Annie’s® Popcorn Snack Packs (white cheddar is so good), and a Honest® Kids Organic Juice Drink. They can both be found at Sam's Club which is a great place to stock up and save money!
I love that Annie’s® White Cheddar Popcorn Snack Packs are organic, made with 100% real cheese, naturally gluten free, made with whole grains, and have no artificial flavors, synthetic colors, or preservatives! I can feel good about putting them in Austin's lunch box or snack box for school.
He also loves the Honest® Kids Organic Juice Drinks (which come in 4 flavors!). They are USDA organic, sweetened only with fruit juice, only 30 calories per juice box, and give 100% daily value of vitamin C. The best part, I can feel confident that he is having a nutritious lunch that even fits into his limited food circle!
You have to try these for yourself; you and your kid are going to love them!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Roll-ups Recipe:
3 TBS peanut butter
3 teaspoon chocolate spread
- In a medium bowl mash banana and add eggs; mix to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium high, and add about ¼ cup of the mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until able to flip; flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side. Repeat with rest of mixture (should make about 3).
- Spread 1 TBS peanut butter on each roll-up, add 1 teaspoon chocolate spread onto each roll-up; spread. Roll the pancake up into a roll. Place into a ziplock type bag or a plastic container. Enjoy!
**You can also double or triple this recipe. These store well in the fridge however make sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
Here are some other main dish lunch ideas where you can use Honest® Kids Organic Juice Drinks and Annie’s® White Cheddar Popcorn Snack Packs:
- Turkey and cheese roll-ups using whole wheat tortillas.
- Homemade lunchables using whole wheat crackers, sliced cheddar cheese, and leftover rotisserie chicken pieces.
- Peanut butter, banana, and raisin sandwich on whole wheat bread.
- Homemade yogurt and fruit smoothie.
Need more lunch ideas? Check out these other awesome lunch ideas from Domestic Superhero:
©General Mills ©2016 Honest Tea, Inc. All rights reserved.
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!