As most of you probably know, last week Chobani sent me a huge package filled with different flavors of Greek yogurt! Right away I made some Mango Frozen Greek Yogurt and announced a big Chobani giveaway! If you haven’t signed up already, check out this post to enter for your chance to win TWELVE Chobani Greek yogurts in the 6oz size!! The giveaway ends on Tuesday at midnight EST so sign up while you still have time!
So, I have all this Chobani Greek yogurt and I have been browsing different recipes. I love, love, love The Realistic Nutritionist’s blog, and was so super excited to see her recipe for a Black Cherry Cheesecake. This isn’t any ordinary cheesecake though…it has no cheese (?!?!?!). The cheese is completely replaced with Greek yogurt! Just from seeing the pictures I knew I had to try it with the black cherry Greek yogurt chobani sent me.
I went out and bought a graham cracker crust (hopefully my #1 pie guest blogger will write up a tutorial on how to make one soon! Until then, see her lovely apple pie and crust recipe!), and everything else I had at home already. This cheesecake was super easy to make, and it turned out insanely delicious. With only 179 calories and over 6 grams of protein per slice, this is amazing! You must try this now!
- Light graham cracker crust (I used store bought)
- 2 cups Chobani black cherry Greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, eggs and sugar together with a wooden spoon until creamy. Add vanilla, salt and corn starch and mix until there are no clumps.
- Pour mixture into the crust, filling just to the top (being sure not to overflow the tip of the crust).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the edges of the filling are firm and the crust is golden brown. The middle will still be a bit jiggly.
- Immediately chill for at least 3 hours to let the rest of the filling set**
- Serve with additional cherries, whipped cream or on it’s own!
- **I found that leaving the slice of cake out for 5 minutes before eating made it taste even better!
- Serves 12
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
Nutritional information per slice:
Fat: 3.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 30.5 grams
Protein: 6.3 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Weight Watchers Points Plus Points: 5
Recipe from The Realistic Nutritionist
I still have 4 large containers of Chobani left, and I think I might try this same recipe with the blueberry greek yogurt as a Thanksgiving dessert. Skinny blueberry cheesecake?! Yes please!