A few weeks ago I was looking for a healthy and hearty vegetable to serve as a side with dinner. I wasn’t sure what to make, but I felt like trying something different. A few of my friends suggested trying brussels sprouts, but I was skeptical. I actually had never even tried these mini cabbages, but I always thought they were not tasty. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. These are so simple to make, and were delicious and healthy. They were satisfying and the more I research different brussels sprout recipes, the more intrigued I am to try them every way possible. This recipe is simple, and it’s likely you already know how to make them. If you don’t though, please give them a try. Like me, you might be pleasantly surprised.
- 1 Mesh Bag of Brussels Sprouts (about 20), ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil (use more if you want, I was trying to keep it light)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper (or less if you don't like much pepper)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Place all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Toss with hands to evenly coat sprouts with EVOO, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Dump onto a sprayed (pam) baking sheet. Stick in oven. Cook for 30-40 minutes, shaking the pan around every 10-15 minutes for even cooking. The sprouts should be brown on the outside when finished. Serve hot and with more salt if desired.
- 2 Servings, 10 sprouts (whole) each. 110 Calories per serving.