Lasagna is such a chore to make, and who has time for the real thing? I am a big fan of making lasagna, but they do take a lot of time, even when you cheat like me and use the no-bake noodles (they are so awesome!). Today’s recipe is also a healthier take on lasagna, but still has the meat, noodles, and cheese that people love. This is a quick dish to cook (20ish minutes) and prepare (less than 10 minutes!), which puts this in a 30 minute meal category!
8 ounces uncooked egg noodles (about half the package)
1 and 1/4 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
1 and 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded provolone cheese, divided
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 lb ground round (or leave if out if you are a veggie)
2 cups tomato sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook the noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes.
3. Spray skillet and cook beef in over medium-high heat until browned. Add tomato sauce once browned, remove from heat.
4. Combine ricotta, 1 cup provolone, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
5. Drain noodles. Combine noodles and meat mixture in a large bowl. Place 3 cups of meat/noodle mix in bottom of 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread ricotta mix over the noodles. Top ricotta with remaining noodle mixture, and sprinkle 1/2 cup of remaining provolone on top.
6. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
Six servings @ 416 calories per serving