Sausage, Pepper & Onion Pizza Hoagies are an easy and delicious 30 minute meal!
Over the last few months, I have been looking for an easy recipe to bring to our weekly potluck. I normally stick to my usually pasta bake, but after I saw Aidells® Italian Style sausage at Publix, I knew I could incorporate it into a delicious sub sandwich that everyone would love! Sausage Pepper Onion Pizza Hoagies are so simple, take less than 30 minutes from start to finish, and everyone will LOVE them!
Aidells® Sausages are so easy to add to various recipes; they have so many different varieties, including Cajun Style Andouille, Chicken & Apple (also available in minis, Italian Style, Pineapple Bacon (also available in minis), Spicy Mango & Jalapeno, and many others. Recently I tried the Spicy Mango & Jalapeno in a Hawaiian lettuce wrap, and it was amazing. However, if you are up for some amazing sandwiches, then you HAVE to try this recipe. Like I said earlier, it’s super easy to create and everyone will love it.
There are only a handful of ingredients when it comes to these; the sausage, peppers, onions, cheese, rolls, marinara, and oregano…how simple is that? If you are feeding an even larger crowd, you could double, triple, or quadruple the recipe! After you cook up everything, you stuff it into the hoagie rolls, top with cheese, then bake for a few minutes until it’s melted and ooey-gooey. So yum!
You can also feel good about serving Aidells® Sausages to your family because they are gluten free, nitrate free, have no added hormones, and they are hand-crafted with real, hand-picked ingredients in small batches with lots of care.
- 1 package Aidells® Italian Style sausages, sliced into rounds
- 2 green peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 5-6 sliced mozzarella cheese (or grated mozzarella - about 3/4 cup)
- non stick spray
- 5-6 hoagie rolls
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 1. In a skillet over medium high heat, spray nonstick spray, then add peppers and onions; saute for 5-6 minutes or until tender, remove and set aside. Spray skillet again, then add sausage slices and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Add marinara sauce and oregano to skillet, and stir to combine. Lower heat to low, then cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2. Arrange rolls into a baking dish coated with nonstick spray. Add green peppers and onion mixture to each roll, then top with sausage and sauce mixture; repeat for all rolls.
- 3. Arrange cheese over the top of each hoagie, then sprinkle additional oregano over the top of the cheese.
- 4. Place hoagies into oven, and cook for 5-10 minutes, watching closely and removing when cheese is melted and browning.
- 5. Serve immediately.
- This is a great recipe to add your favorite vegetables to; mushrooms and zucchinis would be wonderful!
You can find Aidells® sausages at Publix. This coming week, 3/17 – 3/25, they have them on sale for 2 for $10!
Thanks for visiting!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.