Over the last few years, I have become OBSESSED with one pot/skillet meals. I haven’t posted that many, but I seriously love them. One of my all time most popular recipes, One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta, is a one pot recipe and one of the most delicious recipes EVER – try it if you haven’t already! However, once I tried the One Skillet Parmesan Pasta from Yellow Bliss Road, I had a new favorite. I mean, it’s cheesy, easy, and super super delicious. I was hooked, making it ALL the time. Then, I thought to myself that it would be really really awesome spiced up – we love spicy food at my house. I decided to add some jalapenos, red pepper flakes, and spicy cheese and called it a day. This One Skillet Spicy Jalapeno Parmesan Pasta is seriously my best pasta dish to date.
For this recipe, you need a BIG skillet. You really can’t go wrong with whatever BIG pot you use, but things can go very wrong if your skillet is too small. I really highly recommend the one I purchased recently (obsessed!)! The last thing you need is to see all this delicious sauce bubbling over onto your stove top – no bueno.
Ahhh, it’s seriously so delicious. Just make it tonight, please! You will love it! If you don’t like a lot of spice, just reduce the red pepper flakes and jalapenos. I wouldn’t even say this was super spicy though, you could even add more to spice things up to your liking!
I also recommend using a thicker noodle for this dish – stick to linguine or fettuccine. They absorb the water perfectly and cook up to al dente without getting mushy.I recently found this Pastificio Di Martino Fresine Pasta at Kroger, and OMG it is SO good. It was on sale for $1, so I figured I would try it out and I’m glad I did. Keep an eye out for it – so delicious.
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 3 jalapenos, cut in half, seeded, minced
- 4 TBS minced garlic
- 2 cups nonfat milk (or whatever milk or cream you have on hand)
- 4 TBS butter
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 16 oz. dry fettuccine/linguine noodles
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1. In a large skillet (at least 12 inches), or stock pot, add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add jalapenos and saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- 2. Add milk, butter, broth, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and pasta. Increase heat to medium high, and bring to a boil. Use a wooden spoon to stir noodles as they soften. After you bring to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20-22 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. When the sauce has thickened** and the noodles are al dente, remove from heat. Add cheeses and stir to melt/coat.
- 4. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with additional cheese, salt and pepper if desired.
- **It might seem like you have too much liquid when the time is up - once you add cheese the liquid will decrease and turn into a delicious creamy sauce.
Like one pot meals? Check out these from Domestic Superhero
Thanks for visiting!