This One Skillet Beef & Broccoli is delicious, healthy, and only takes 20 minutes to cook up!
If you are looking for a recipe that is quick, easy, and delicious, I have the perfect meal for you. This One Skillet 20 Minute Beef & Broccoli comes together in just 20 minutes and has a punch of flavor that will take care of your take-out craving. The best part about making this at home? The cost! It’s much cheaper to make your food at home rather than order out, and you know exactly what is going into it!
If you really want to bulk up this recipe, I suggest adding more veggies! Slices carrots, zucchini, even eggplant would all be great. The sauce base is delicious and would be tasty on any Chinese inspired meal. I recommend letting the beef marinate for a bit before cooking, but it’s not needed if you don’t have time.
- 2/3 cup lite soy sauce lower sodium
- 2 TBS honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
1. In a medium bowl whisk soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes; add beef slices to mixture and let sit for 10-20 minutes (you can skip the marinating time and start cooking if you want).
2. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Place beef into skillet (leaving sauce in bowl, reserve for later), and cook while stir frying for 5-6 minutes.
3. Add broccoli to skillet, and stir fry for 5 minutes, or until tender.
4. In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch; set aside.
5. Pour remaining marinade/sauce into skillet, and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture, and stir to combine. Lower heat and simmer for 1 minutes or until sauce it thickened.
6. Serve immediately.
Thanks for visiting!