Guys, I am SO excited to share another delicious one pot pasta recipe with y’all! One Pot Spaghetti with meat sauce, is perfect for a quick weeknight meal, and what kid doesn’t love spaghetti?! Whipping this up is easy, fast, and it doesn’t break the bank either. Add this to your weekly meal plan, make a side salad or vegetable to accompany it, and you have the perfect dinner!
This is also one of those recipes that is impossible to mess up. There are only a handful of ingredients, and it comes together with little to no effort. My oldest son, Austin, is a super super picky eater, and he never would even eat pasta! For a while I joked that he must not be our kid, because me and my husband looove pasta. I mean, who doesn’t?! Well, finally when he was around 4 he watched Lady and the Tramp and he was really excited to try their slurping pasta kiss move. Naturally, I volunteered to reenact it with him. It was literally the only time he decided he liked pasta, and never wanted to eat it again since then. Ugh. However, if you don’t have a psycho picky eater like my kid, I am SURE your kids will love this!
Also, you HAVE to get yourself a skillet/pot like the one I have – it’s amazing. No longer do I have to use a HUGE pot, and then worry about washing it, nor do I have to squeeze everything into my shallow sided skillet and have the sauce bubble over – this high side skillet is seriously made for these one pot pasta dishes. The cleanup is a breeze too – you can toss it in the dishwasher, but I really prefer to hand wash because it takes 15 seconds max, and then it doesn’t cramp up my dishwasher!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large pot or skillet with tall sides, add onions, garlic, and ground beef; cook for 6-8 minutes, or until beef is cooked through; use a wooden spatula to break apart while cooking. Drain off fat.
- 2. Add tomato paste, broth, water, oregano, basil, black pepper; whisk well to combine ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 3. Add spaghetti, lightly pressing down so sauce comes over it. Lightly stir it every few seconds, so that spaghetti combines with sauce/meat. Simmer for 17-20 minutes or until spaghetti is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- 4. Serve immediately topped with fresh parmesan cheese.
Things you might need for this recipe:
Like one pot meals as much as we do?! Check out these from Domestic Superhero
Thanks for visiting!