Being that it’s the summer, there is nothing like a nice refreshing cocktail while you sit back and relax. I decided to grow a mint plant in my garden this year, in hopes that it would yield lots of mint, therefore allowing me to make lots of mojitos. Mojitos are one of my favorite cocktails, and I love being able to use fresh herbs while making them. I had lots of berries in the fridge over the weekend, so decided to make some easy Mixed Berry Mojitos.
I also love making mojitos because they are super easy, and a big crowd pleaser. You can essentially use any fruits you have around, which makes flavoring them fun and creative! I am super excited about my mint plant, because this means I can have fresh mojitos all summer! If you don’t have a mint plant, I highly recommend getting one. They are really easy to maintain and are super black thumb friendly (seriously). I actually have so much mint, I am not sure what to do with all of it – mojitos for everyone I guess!
- For 2 cocktails
- 20 mint leaves (more or less is fine)
- 4 TBS Simple Syrup
- 4 TBS fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 6 strawberries, diced
- 6 blackberries, cut in half
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1. In a large glass or small pitcher add mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice. Muddle together to release the mint flavor. Add berries and lightly muddle (you don't want to completely crush them, just enough to release the flavors). Add club soda and rum, stir to combine.
- 2. Fill 2 small/cocktail glasses with ice, pour mojito over the ice in each cup and serve immediately garnished with lime and mint leaves (optional).
- This recipe can easily be doubled for a small pitcher of mojitos.
- Makes 2 servings.
Like summer cocktails as much as I do? Check out these other drinks from Domestic Superhero:
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!