Look good? I promise you, it’s to die for! Head on over to Alderberry Hill and check out the Guest Post I wrote for her today!
Need a quick fix? Print the recipe below!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 3/4 cup + 3 tablespoons Sugar (set 1 TBS aside for sprinkling on top)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour (set aside 1/4 cup of this to toss w/blueberries)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cream butter with lemon zest and the sugar (keep 1TBS separate) until light and fluffy.
- 2. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3. Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk. Fold in the blueberries.
- 4. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan (or something similar) with butter or coat with non-stick spray. Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle batter with remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. If necessary, return pan to oven for a couple of more minutes.
- (Note: Baking for as long as 10 minutes more might be necessary.)
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.