This Crunchy Peanut Chicken Salad is filled with delicious vegetables and mouthwatering marinated chicken. Perfect for any dinner, but especially when you are trying to eat on the lighter side!
Y’all…the last two months have been INSANE for me, and I feel like I am just now getting my head on straight! Between selling our house, closing on our new house, MOVING, the school year ending, and going back to work full time…there just hasn’t been time for anything, let alone new recipes! While everything has been exciting and great for our family, I have totally missed posting on Domestic Superhero. So, I am really really excited to kick off summer with this delicious Crunchy Peanut Chicken Salad. Not only is is MAJORLY healthy, but it’s seriously the most delicious salad ever!
This yummy salad is filled with my favorite things – red peppers, carrots, sugar snap peas (yummmm), cucumbers, peanuts, and topped with a creamy delicious peanut dressing. I don’t know about you, but I could literally swim in peanut dressing- I LOVE it. It’s so tasty and adds such an outstanding flavor element to any salad. You know what else it’s delicious with? Pasta! For real, don’t knock it until you try it. It’s kind of like a pad Thai knock-off because sometimes you just don’t have time to do anything except boil a pot of spaghetti and dump some peanut salad dressing on top…am I right, or am I right? Thought so…
I feel like another great thing about this salad, is that during the summer, eating light is sooo much better than cooking up a heavy meal. You can grill the chicken (tip-grill huge batches of chicken over the weekend and then use during the week – saves time and energy!), then toss all the veggies together. While we are talking about how easy it it, don’t have one of the veggies? No sweat, use what you have. When you add the peanuts and the dressing, everything will be amazing, trust me!
Things you may need to make this recipe:
- Salad Dressing Shaker
- Salad Bowl
- Salad Serving Tongs
- Sesame Seeds
- Outdoor 4 Burner Grill
- George Foreman Grill
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded slightly thin
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, cut into thin rounds
- 3/4 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 large carrot, peeled and then peeled into strips
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 TBS sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2 TBS lite soy sauce
- 1 TBS honey
- 3 TBS sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 TBS creamy peanut butter
- 1. On a preheated grill, add your chicken and grill until cooked through, about 10 minutes**
- 2. In a salad dressing shaker or bowl, add rice vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, vegetable oil, and peanut butter; Shake or whisk to thoroughly combine. Refrigerate until needed.
- 3. Heat 2 cups of water in a small sauce pot, bring to a boil. Add the sugar snap peas and flash boil for 2 minutes. Drain immediately and run cold water over the top to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- 4. Assemble salad: Add spinach and romaine to a large salad bowl. Top with peppers, onions, cucumbers, and carrots. Slice the grilled chicken and add to the top. Sprinkle sesame seeds and peanuts, then add dressing to the top (or let people add to their own salads). Enjoy!
- *The chicken is even more flavorful if you marinate in a teriyaki sauce before grilling, but that is optional.
Like healthy recipes as much as I do? Check out these delicious meals!
Thanks for visiting!