Over the weekend I had a really fun mom’s night in/kid’s play date. I wanted to bring a fun dish, and I had been thinking about making a BLT Pasta Salad for a long time, so I thought this would be the perfect time. I was right, it was a huge hit, and I wanted to share it with y’all now, because it would be a great salad to whip up for the 4th of July weekend. This is seriously super easy to put together, and who doesn’t love a good BLT? Add some pasta and you have a real winner! This Creamy BLT Pasta is sure to be a hit at home or whatever BBQ you are hitting up this summer!
Pairing the crispy bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and green onions with the cool creamy dressing and pasta, it really sends this recipe to the next level. It really doesn’t take long either, probably 20 minutes total, which is a total win in my book. Now, as many of you know, I am a vegetarian so we don’t eat bacon. I think this salad would be equally as good without the bacon, for us vegetarian folk, but I know that everyone normally loves bacon, and you can’t have a BLT Pasta Salad, without the bacon, right?
Using a whole box of pasta ensures that you will have enough for a crowd…or a week’s worth of left overs if you are just making it for yourself! Either way, no one loses. I think that another great addition to this pasta could be avocado, but if you added it, I would wait until the last minute or else it might brown and get nasty – hate when that happens.
- 1 pound your favorite pasta
- 4 strips bacon, fried, chopped, and set aside
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, chopped, rinsed and dried
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 TBS sugar
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl add mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, pepper, and salt; whisk until completely combined. Add tomatoes, green onions, bacon, and romaine lettuce to sauce mixtures, and fold gently to coat. Add cooked pasta to bowl, carefully fold to coat with sauce, until completely coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours*, stir again, then serve.
- *I really enjoyed this refrigerated overnight. Be sure to stir carefully before serving.
Like summer salads as much as I do? Check out these other recipes (click on photo for recipe):
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!