Late fall is such an exciting and busy time of the year. It seems like once October hits, we have so many things going on and the time flies by! That’s why I like coming up with ideas of things I will make for the holidays, before the holidays sneak up on me. Not only do we have Thanksgiving and Christmas around the end of the year, but we also have my oldest son’s birthday, and my grandmother-in-law’s birthday. I definitely need to keep everything organized and stay on top of things. Another thing I am always concerned about when the holidays come around, are calories. All the seasonal drinks, desserts, and decadent foods can really throw your healthy eating plans for a loop. That’s why when I come up with recipes, I like to keep health in mind. For these two seasonal inspired drinks, I used TEN products – 7 Up TEN and Canada Dry TEN.
I love the TEN soft drinks because they only have 10 calories per serving. This saves so many unwanted calories and doesn’t sacrifice any flavor. You could also use a diet variety or the regular if you aren’t worried about calories.
For the first drink, a Cranberry Ginger Holiday Cocktail, I decided I want an festive alcoholic beverage.
I plan a lot of holiday parties and I always find that it’s important to have something alcoholic, but also to offer a non-alcoholic counterpart. This is why I decided to make a ‘mocktail’ for my second drink recipe – a Quick Cranberry Holiday Mocktail.
Both drinks turned out equally delicious. If you aren’t a fan of alcohol, you could even make the Cranberry Ginger Holiday Cocktail without alcohol. Same goes for the Quick Cranberry Holiday Mocktail because adding vodka or rum would compliment it well.
- 12 ounces vodka (could use flavored such as cranberry or ginger, but regular is fine)
- 24 ounces cranberry juice
- 32 ounces ginger ale
- lime slices for garnish (2 limes)
- frozen cranberries for garnish
- Mix the vodka, cranberry juice, and ginger ale in a large pitcher. Add a handful of cranberries and the lime slices from 1 lime. Fill the rest of the pitcher with ice, and then stir. Serve or refrigerate. Garnish glasses with lime slice and additional cranberries if desired.
- Serves 8-10
- 16 ounces 7 Up TEN
- 8 ounces cranberry juice
- 8 ounces sparkling cider
- fresh cranberries, to garnish
- In a pitcher combine 7 Up TEN, cranberry juice, sparkling cider, and a handful of cranberries. Mix well, and then serve over ice with additional cranberries as a garnish.
- Makes 4 - 8 ounce drinks. Recipe can easily be doubled.
What types of cocktails do you enjoy around the holidays?
Love cranberries as much as I do? Check out these other recipes on Domestic Superhero (click on photo for recipe):
Thanks for visiting!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.