For some reason I always think of French Toast as being such a production. The mixing, the dipping, the cooking…it’s not fast enough when you have a starving crowd on Saturday morning. However, once you get the steps down, it is actually really easy and quick to cook. I threw this together for a family breakfast last weekend to go along with the Easy Cheese Danish I made the night before. When we were finished we were in a carbohydrate induced coma and it was wonderful.
- Loaf of french bread (I used 6 slices, 2 per person), sliced in 1 inch slices
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of skim milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1. Crack eggs into a shallow dish. Add milk, vanilla, and cinnamon and whisk together. Once a little foamy it is ready.
- 2. Dip bread into egg mixture and coat both sides.
- 3. Spray skillet with Pam or other spray. Place bread into skillet and cook on medium/high until browned on one side (about 2 minutes). Flip and cook on other side until browned (1-2 minutes). Continue with the rest of the bread.
- 4. Serve warm with maple syrup or your favorite topping!