Last week I received a HUGE package from Chobani! I never knew such perishable items could be shipped so quickly, and in bulk…but I guess it can be done!
What a delivery! Chobani was kind enough to send me 6 huge containers of greek yogurt. I am so excited to try them all: Mango, Peach, Chocolate Chunk Blueberry, Pineapple, and Black Cherry- yum! I have been searching various recipes and found several for inspiration.
My husband loves mango anything, so when I saw a recipe for Mango Ice Cream, I figured I could try making it with Greek Yogurt (because Greek yogurt can be subbed for anything!). It was very easy, and I don’t even have an ice cream maker. You should plan to be around the house though for about 3-4 hours, because you have to mix this every hour or so to avoid ice crystals from forming on the yogurt.
- 2-3 mangoes, peeled** and diced (reserve 1/4 cup for topping if desired)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Chobani Mango Greek Yogurt
- Place mangoes in a shallow bowl and cover with the sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 1-2 hours, or until sugar is absorbed.
- 2. Dump sugary mangoes into food processor or blender, and puree until smooth (or leave a few clumps if you like chunks of mango). Add 1 cup Chobani Mango Greek Yogurt, blend to combine.
- 3. Pour into a bowl (or ice cream maker if you have one), and cover with an air tight cover (I used press and seal wrap).
- 4. Every hour or so, stir your yogurt. I used a hand mixer, but you could also use a whisk of even fork. Mix it all up, and then cover and put back into the freezer. Repeat this until frozen, about 3-4 hours.
- 5. Serve! Top with whipped cream, mangoes, or whatever you feel like! We just ate it plain and it was delicious.
- I would advise you to eat this yogurt the same day it is made. It isn’t a huge servings, probably enough for 4 people to have 3/4 a cup. I ate some the following day and it was extremely hard. I left it on the counter for about 10 minutes before scooping out and that helped. It was still tasted good the next day though.
Now for the giveaway!! (Now Closed!)
Chobani is kind enough to offer one of my readers a fabulous giveaway! The winner will receive an assortment of TWELVE Chobani greek yogurts in the 6oz size!! This is so much yogurt and could be used for sooo many things!! If you don’t have many idea’s for recipes where you can use Chobani Greek yogurt, you can download this awesome E-cookbook!
To enter you:
1. MUST leave a comment below, and tell me your favorite flavor of Chobani.
3. You can have a 3rd entry if you share this post on facebook, and let me know below that you did so.
The giveaway will end in one week, on Tuesday November 20th!